Please watch this space. We are adding resources as we review them.
Free Electronic Giving Webinar
The Foundation is offering a free webinar about Electronic Giviing. Read about it and register at this link.
Webinar: Funding Ministry during Social Distancing
This webinar was sponsored by The Foundation as part of our partnership with Horizon's Stewardship.
- Link to video recording of webinar (external Youtube link)
- Slides from presentation
- For more resources, visit giving365.com (Horizon Stewardship website)
- Rev. Scott McKenzie of Horizons Stewardship has made the offer that he will provide a 1/2 hour of coaching for church leaders for free to help you with questions you may have.
- Please feel free to contact us at The Foundation if we can be of help to you. (304-342-2113 or info @ umfwv.org)
The CARES Act - Paycheck Protection Program
The CARES Act provides for forgivable loans to help businesses to continue to pay staff. Churches are eligible for these loans. The links below are external links to resources.
- How Your Church can benefit from this program - information from Horizons Stewardship including an interview with attorney, Jeff Watson
- Small Business Administration's first press release on the matter, including links to the landing page at SBA
- An interview with the President of the Missouri United Methodist Foundation about this program.
- From Joe Parks of Horizons Stewardship: "If you want to apply for a PPP loan, start preparing for required church approval. Locate Small Business Administration approved lender. Let them know you want to apply for a PPP loan. Ask for an application and any supporting information they will need from you. Consult your legal, tax, and accounting advisors to ensure you set up the proper procedures and interal controls to ensure you are eligible to have the loan forgiven later."
- There is some urgency with this. There is a limit to the amount of loans that will be given, so please determine if this could be helpful as you continue to minister to your community during this time and then act with expediency.
- This page on the Small Business Administration site provides an FAQ regarding participation of faith based organizations in the program
- This page on the West Virginia Annual Conference website has information from the Conference Treasurer concerning the CARES Act and other issues related to church finances.
West Virginia Annual Conference Resource
This page on the West Virginia Annual Confernece website contains resources for help with ministry during thisn pandemic.