Stewardship and Generosity
The Foundation can be your resource to help your church develop a culture of generosity. Below are a few resources - more will be added as they become available.
- Start your reading with these books about stewardship that the Foundation staff finds helpful
- Consider a budget that is more than just numbers - use a narrative budget. Here is a beautiful example. And here is one that is more simple.
- Include "one-liners" for planned giving ideas in your bulletin, newsletter, and/or financial donor statements. Here are some to use.
- Invite the Foundation staff to meet with your Finance Committee to discuss stewardship.
- Jeff is a deacon; Kim is a certified lay minister - both are equipped to preach about stewardship in your church - invite us.
- Jeff and Kim recently led a breakout session at the Lakeside Stewardship and Generosity Conference. This is the powerpoint file.
- Check out the resources from our Foundation Academy of Faith and Generosity.