Part of the Foundation’s mission is to serve individuals and families. We strive to help people realize their biggest dreams of giving to ministry and mission. We help to match donors’ desires to give with the needs in ministry. We help donors consider the possibilities of which type of planned gift would be best in their particular circumstances.
The Foundation accomplishes this part of our mission in many ways, including:
- Meeting with individuals and families to help them create a planned giving arrangement to meet their particular needs and goals.
- Helping persons to make lasting contributions to Conference-related ministries and local United Methodist Churches through planned and/or deferred giving arrangements.
- Providing information and educational assistance to individuals who are interested in making planned gifts to support the work of the Church.
- Helping individuals plan their gifts in consultation with their professional advisors to maximize available tax benefits - income tax deductions, estate tax deductions and preferential capital gains tax treatment.
- Acting as the trustee in any giving plan where that service is needed. The Foundation manages assets of over $110 million.
- Providing life income arrangements (gift annuities, annuity trusts and unitrusts) and annuity payments to designated beneficiaries.
Please contact the Foundation to consider the possibilities of ways you can leave a legacy for ministry.