At the October meeting of the Foundation Grants Committee, the following ministry grant awards were approved. We are grateful to be able to provide support for the following projects:
- West Liberty NEXUS project, a cooperative ministry between the West Liberty United Methodist Campus Ministry and West Liberty Federated Chruch, was approved for a $1,500 grant to fund community engatgement internships, resources for community youth, a music/drama program and community outreach.
- First United Methodist Church of Princeton was approved for a $10,000 grant to support the tea project of Camelia Mountain, supporting addiction recovery work.
- Cross Lanes United Methodist Church was approved for a $5,000 grant for the installation of showers for their mission and disaster recovery ministry.
- Concord United Methodist Church was approved for a $4,000 grant for its Eli Internship Scholarship Program.
- Wesley Foundation at Fairmont State was approved for a $3,000 award to provide free lunches for needy students.
- South Branch Charge of the Potamac Highland District was approved for a $5,000 grant to provide scholarships to support the living expenses of residents of New Beginnings Recovery Home for Women.
- Heart and Hand House, Inc., a mission project of the West Virginia Annual Conference, was approved for a $11,887 grant to finance the replacement of the roof on their Community Garden Market.
- Crossroads Camp in the Little Kanawha District was approved for a $10,000 grant to fund a new bath and shower house on their site.
- Canaan United Methodist Chruch Community Outreach Project was approved for a $2,000 grant to help the ministry provide official forms of identification for homeless and marginally homeless on the West Side of Charleston.